Schlieren, Switzerland, / PRNewswire / - The result of a collaboration between 2A-NYGUARD , COATS , HEIQ , VAGOTEX and SITIP , JUST 5 is an ingenious “viroblock” jacket that offers the best sartorial solution to resume a normal life by protecting the wearer, his relatives and all the people he meets.
JUST5 is a versatile and trendy jacket , all components of which are reinforced with HeiQ Viroblock which prevents their deterioration by contaminating microorganisms in just five minutes. The treatment does not protect the carrier or others from food bacteria (or pathogens). But the jacket is a very effective barrier that protects the wearer from surrounding contaminants.
engineered for die-hards JUST5 was born from the initiative of five leaders in materials manufacturing and features a host of gadgets that improve quality of life. All the components of the JUST5 jacket have been developed by leaders in textile innovation. They are available individually to allow brands of clothing or home textiles to create their own innovations.
5 innovative components
- 2A-NYGUARD NYSHIELD Zippers - Zippers are handled all day long. These self-sanitizing closures are reusable five minutes after being touched. A pioneer in the production of zippers in Europe since the 1930s, 2A is today a leader in sustainable and innovative solutions in textile closures.
- Coats ProtectV - A sewing thread made by the global industry leader provides antimicrobial and antiviral properties in every stitch.
- Swiss HeiQ Viroblock Antimicrobial Fabric Technology - Originally, HeiQ Viroblock was developed to process masks, and registered by Swiss Medic as a medical device. Respirator masks treated with the same technology are approved by the US FDA with an Emergency Use Clearance. HeiQ is the world leader in technological innovation in textiles.
- SITIP Warp Knit - The elastic fabric of JUST5's stretch cuffs protect hands when in contact with potentially contaminated surfaces. Warp knitting technology prevents the stitch from spinning after a snag and SITIP is one of the world leaders.
- Windtex Vagotex Fabric - This is a breathable and windproof fabric. Windtex Vagotex SpA is a leader in the lamination and processing of technical fabrics for sportswear and footwear.
Carlo Centonze, co-founder and CEO of HeiQ Group said: “Our great team is made up of the five most innovative companies in our sector. The other brands just have to take the pieces that interest them and make their own 100% “viroblock” clothes! "
A community fundraising campaign kicks off at 11 a.m. (Eastern Time), 5 p.m. ( Central European Time) on August 26 on Kickstarter for those who wish to support the project and pre-order. The jackets should be available by the end of the fall.
Founded in 2005 as a spin-off company of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich(ETH), HeiQ is at the forefront of innovation, creating some of the most efficient, durable and high performing textile technologies in the market today. Its goal is to improve the lives of billions of people by perfecting an everyday product: textiles. Combining three areas of expertise (scientific research, manufacturing of specialized materials and branding of consumer ingredients), HeiQ is the ideal innovation partner to create differentiated and sustainable textile products, and capture added value at the point of sale. . With a total annual capacity of 35,000 tonnes, HeiQ manufactures specialty chemicals in the United States, Switzerland and Australia, and offers them in more than 60 countries around the world. www.heiq.com
HeiQ, Viroblock and HeiQ Viroblock are registered and unregistered trademarks of HeiQ Materials AG.
2A SpA is the successor company of Taurus Zippers, the first European company to produce zippers in the 30s of the last century. Today it is a leader in sustainable and innovative solutions in textile closures. It has also diversified its activity over the years into the die-cast aluminum sector. Its head office and main production plants are in Italy. It has subsidiaries in the United States and China. www.nyguard.com
Coats is the world leader in industrial yarns. Present in nearly 50 countries, Coats employs 17,000 people on five continents. Its long history and culture of innovation ensure that Coats is an international leader. The company creates complementary and value-added products, services and software solutions for the apparel and footwear industries. It uses innovative techniques to develop high performance yarns and fabrics for the transport, telecommunications, energy and body protection sectors.
Coats is a member of the FTSE4Good index series and participates in the UN Global Compact. www.coats.com
SITIP is a world leader in textiles. Founded in 1959, the company manufactures warp knits and circular fabrics. Energized by its immense know-how, Sitip creates “Made in Italy” technical solutions that meet the strictest market requirements. SITIP has two factories in Cene (Bergamo) in Italy and one in Malta. www.sitip.it
About Windtex Vagotex
Windtex Vagotex SpA was created in the 1980s. It has been ISO 9001 accredited for over 20 years, OekoTex certified and recently obtained the Global Recycled Standard (GRS) label. In the 90s, the company developed an elastic membrane, Wintex®, followed later by other equally innovative materials. With its 14 production lines, it is today a leader in the field of laminating and processing technical fabrics for sportswear and footwear. Wintex Vagotex has a modern laboratory equipped with machines for testing finished products in order to guarantee superior quality to its customers. Thanks to a dynamic and positive business philosophy in harmony with the values of sport,www.vagotex.it